There are a number of great and easy ways to cleanse the energy of your crystal. NB. Before using cleansing methods involving water, ensure your crystal is not water soluble. Here are a few methods to cleanse and recharge your crystals:
- Smudge Stick: A smudge stick is a bundle of herbs that you burn, (often a combination including White Sage) that is perfect for clearing energy. You can smudge your crystals, yourself, your home and office to clear away any collected negative energy or frequencies.
- Gong it: High vibration sound is a beautiful way to cleanse your crystals. You can do this with a Tibetan bowl by holding it over the crystal and gonging 3 times allowing the sound to flow to completion each time. You can also use crystal singing bowls as their pure, high vibration sound will cleanse and recharge.
- Wash it in the ocean – salty water is a powerful cleanser and the ocean is wonderful for our Spirit too. Place it in a stocking or sock so it doesn’t get washed away.
- Hold Under Running Water: This is a beautiful and easy way to cleanse crystals. Hold under the water for a number of minutes – a waterfall is a magical place to do this. You can also wash them in salt water.
- Place your crystal on Amethyst or in an Amethyst Cave Geode. This will raise its vibration and recharge your smaller crystals.
- Put them in the morning Sun or under the Full moon – this is one of the best ways to recharge your crystals as the energy of the sun and the night before the full moon are high energies that revitalize and recharge your crystal back to its pure form.
- Burying Your Crystal in a Pot Plant or the Garden: This returns your crystal to the high vibration of the Earth and recharges it. Particularly good for hard working crystals whose energy has dulled over time.
- Power of Intention and White Light: Never underestimate the power of your healing intention. Hold the crystal and use your mind’s eye (imagination) to fill it with white light and the intention to cleanse and recharge your crystal. You can also ask for help from your guides or favoured deities if that resonates with you.